Want to Jump-Start Your Sustainable Farm Business?
Central Illinois Farm Beginnings (CIFB) is a full-year program for anyone wanting to engage in sustainable, entrepreneurial farming.
Through Central Illinois Farm Beginnings, you will:
- Articulate your values and goals into a vision and mission statement for your farm business
- Formulate short- and long-term farming goals
- Craft a detailed business plan for your farm enterprise
- Learn critical farm management skills such as financing and marketing strategies.
- Tap into the knowledge of innovative and skilled farmers in Central Illinois
- Access opportunities for land and equipment use and/or rental
- Receive mentoring from a farmer engaged in a similar enterprise
- Develop important connections with beginning and experienced farmers
- Make personal contact with a wide range of Illinois professionals that support small-scale local farmers, including USDA specialists, bankers, farmers market managers, reporters, and attorneys